Specialist in tailor-made yarn production, we create your own personalized alpaca yarn.
The softness of your clothes depends entirely on the fineness of the fiber and the way the fleece is sorted out. We only market the best alpaca quality which we select with care in order to ensure an optimal outcome.
Here is the selection of our alpaca yarn :
- Royal Baby Alpaca : less than 19 microns. This amazing and very rare quality is almost exclusively from the best crias (baby alpacas). Only 1% of the world production of alpaca fiber can be classified as Royal Baby.
- Baby Alpaca : from 19,01 to 23 microns. This excellent quality is usually coming from very good crias and sometimes from remarkable adults.
- Fine Alpaca : from 23,01 to 27 microns. This quality is most commonly found in alpacas coming from professional farms. Its softness ensures a comfortable wearability.
The other two categories that aren't distributed, are :
- Alpaca or Medium Alpaca: from 27.01 to 30 microns. This alpaca quality is generally found in current shops.
- Strong Alpaca : over 30 microns. The tingling sensation is unfortunately present over 30 microns and yarn produced from these fleeces would disappoint you in terms of wearability.
You will probably find some plant residues in our yarn... that's normal.
This is a status of quality.
Why? There are several reasons:
- Our animals eat hay throughout the year and are not carrying a blanket. Although most hay debris are removed from their fleece before shearing, you can still find some remains.
- The finer fleeces, produced by the crias, tend to pick up on leaves, twigs, hay and everything they graze. For this reason, the most plant residues are found in the Royal Baby.
- We do not use industrial mills techniques : in order to keep a strong fiber, we do not use acid solution nor a roller to remove those debris.
Therefore, the yarn you are knitting is very strong and made with care.